If you are a mountain runner or peak-bagger living in the western United States, and especially if you are drawn to the sort of fast-and-light mountaineering I love most and write about here, I would be happy to help you become a better mountain athlete. As a coach, I will:
- Work with you to refine your seasonal and long-term goals, and to choose suitable objectives (races, routes, etc.).
- Create individualized weekly training plans to develop both the fitness and the skills to achieve these goals, based upon your schedule, current weather/conditions, and previous weeks’ performance.
- Suggest appropriate and interesting training routes in your area.
- Develop a personal nutritional approach based on your dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Discuss your daily progress, questions, and concerns via email.
While my formal education is in computer science rather than exercise physiology, I have been a runner (skier, cyclist, etc.) since age 5, and have learned about human performance, injury management, nutrition, and equipment in the course of my own training. I have also spent about half of each year since 2009 in mountain ranges across the western United States and Canada developing the skills necessary to move quickly and efficiently over a variety of terrain, from the deserts of southern Arizona to the glaciers of the Canadian Rockies.
For questions or to get started, email me.